This is a bit like tiffin, but not as rich (so you can eat MORE of it! Ahem). No oven-cooking required, but it must be left to set.
200g Jacob’s cream crackers (1 of the smaller packets)
1 tin condensed milk (~400g)
4 level tablespoons of drinking chocolate powder
100g dessicated coconut
Large handful in currants (soaked in rum overnight if wished!)
Marshmallows etc. can be added if wanted
Topping: 150g melted dark chocolate
1. Grease a baking tray well
2. Crush crackers, place in large mixing bowl
3. Stir butter and condensed milk in a saucepan until the butter has completely melted
4. Stir in all other ingredients and mix with crushed rackers.
5. Press down into baking tray
6. Spread melted chocolate on the top and leave in fridge to set.
Mum claims it lasts up to three weeks in the fridge – can’t say I’ve ever put that to the test…